University Counseling Center (UCC) exists to help students enhance their academic
and personal well-being. The UCC seeks to provide counseling and support services,
crisis intervention, outreach, accommodations and support for students with disabilities,
support services for alcohol and drug related issues, and referral services for TSU
students. We also offer consultation, education, training, and prevention strategies
to faculty, staff, and the university community. We seek to promote an environment
of inclusion, personal development to positively impact student retention.
It is our vision to be of significant value to the TSU community, nationally recognized
as a leader among University Counseling Centers and to provide effective resources
to enhance students’ progress towards the fulfillment of their personal development
and academic goals. In striving to expand the roles of helping professionals, our
staff will be proactive and responsive to the changing needs of the growing and diverse
student population resulting in student retention and graduation. The University Counseling
Center is committed to the continual development of services and training programs,
which represent the highest standards of excellence.
“Real People. Real Problems. Real Solutions!”
- To provide a safe and therapeutic environment that is comfortable, aesthetically pleasing,
and accessible to all enrolled students.
- To maintain confidentiality according to legal, professional, and ethical standards.
- To be proactive in responding to the needs, interests, and concerns of a diverse student
- To provide a continuum of professional and ethical therapeutic services.
- To provide unconditional support and advocacy for students.
- To offer a variety of programs to assist students in maximizing their educational
and social experience at TSU.
- To provide services that encourages the acquisition of skills tobecome proactive, socially responsible and accountable individuals.
- To further promote a lifelong commitment to health and safety, both locally and globally.
- To act as consultants and resources for promotion of the holistic development of students.
- To de-stigmatize mental health in our community.
- To work cooperatively with the TSU community to promoteincreased levels of mental health.
Senior Administrative Assistant
- Ms. Alicia Green-Scott, LPC
- Mrs. Bernadette P. Smith, LPC