Objectives / Goals:
Track all University’s notaries without bond and ensure that notary services are available for business related items.
Value Added Service to the University:
Notary services ensure that a notary is always available to the TSU family for documents requiring attestation. Notary service is a necessary function of any organization.
Government Code: Sec.§406.016.
- A notary public has the same authority as the county clerk to:
- take acknowledgments or proofs of written instruments;
- protest instruments permitted by law to be protested;
- administer oaths;
- take depositions; and
- certify copies of documents not recordable in the public records.
- A notary public shall sign an instrument in Subsection (a) in the name under which the notary public is commissioned.
- A notary public may not issue an identification card.
- A notary public not licensed to practice law in this state may not give legal advice or accept fees for legal advice.