1. A department/area representative takes a note of the records in question.
The representative then reviews the TSU Retention Schedule or contacts the Records Management Officer in order to verify the retention period of the records. The representative completes the Records Disposition Log (TSURM002)
- Column 1 refers to the type of document in question, i.e. correspondence, time sheet, workers comp. form, raw data etc.
- Column 2 should detail an estimate of the area that the documents occupy. (the area being occupied by file cabinets or boxes)
- Column 4 should list the year the document was generated, if there are several of the same type of documents from various years, it is appropriate to indicate the type of record once(in Column 1) and list the multiple years in this section, i.e. 93-98.
- Column 5 states the method of disposition, i.e. archiving, shredding, water submersion, or trash disposal.
- Column 7 requires the signature of the representative authorizing the disposition.
- For request for destruction the department representative must also complete the Departmental Certification/Request for Destruction section.
1. The Records Management Officer verifies the accuracy of the Disposition Log and signs off on it.
2 The departmental/area representative then disposes of the records (if water submersion is the method of disposition, customer service is contacted to perform this operation).