Mokysha Benford , Assistant Professor
Primary Research Focus
Literacy Instruction, Teaching and Learning, Differentiated Instruction, Discipline and Classroom Management, and Culturally Responsive Teaching
Dr. Mokysha Benford currently serves as an Assistant Professor in Curriculum and Instruction and teaches undergraduate courses. While previously serving in adjunct roles, Dr. Benford joined Texas Southern University as full-time faculty in 2018. She brings a vast amount of experience to the field as she has served at the elementary, middle, and high school levels in various roles inside and outside of the classroom. She is a national speaker, presenter, and published author.
Her research interests include literacy instruction, teaching and learning, differentiated instruction, discipline and classroom management, and culturally responsive teaching.
- RDG 301 – Content Focused Teaching in Reading
- RDG 302 – Reading Skills Development
- RDG 401 – Diverse Populations
- Ed.D., Curriculum and Instruction, Texas Southern University
- M.Ed., Curriculum and Instruction, University of Houston
- B.A., English, The University of Texas at Austin