Yoruba T. Mutakabbir, Associate Professor
Primary Research Focus
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities, race and university admissions, diversity.
- Mutakabbir, Y. (2018). Religious minority students at HBCUs. In C. Davis, Hilton, A. & Outten, D. (Eds.), Underserved populations at historically Black
colleges and universities: The pathway to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Emerald.
- Mutakabbir, Y. & Nuriddin, T. (2017). The on-campus experiences of Black Muslim males attending HBCUs: An exploratory study. Journal of African-
American Males in Education 6(2).
- Mutakabbir, Y. & Nuriddin, T. (2016). Religious minority students in higher education. New York: Routledge.
- Mutakabbir, Y. T. Closson, R. B. & Henry, W. J. (2015). More cream in the coffee: Diversity in the HBCU. In D. Greenfield (Eds.),Exploring Issues of
diversity within historically Black colleges and universities. Information Age.
- Mutakabbir, Y. & Johnson, J. (2015). A Case Study Examining the Recruitment of Other Race Students to a Public HBCU. National Journal of Urban
Education and Practice.
- EDHI-933 Introduction to the Study of Higher Education
- EDHI-948 Strategic Management and Planning in Higher Education
- Ph.D. Clemson University
- M.S. Georgia State University
- B.A. Hampton University