Goalamali Owlia, Professor
Primary Research Focus
- Usage of Supplements to Improve performance among athletes
- Aids awareness Among College Students in Nigeria and Iran.
Dr. Gholamali Owlia is a tenured professor in the Department of Health and Kinesiology and Sport Studies, at Texas Southern University. Dr Owlia received his degree in Geology from University of Iran in 1975, and earned his Master of Science in Physical Education from Texas Southern University in1978. Then six year degree in Special Physical Education From University of Connecticut in 1982. A double major Ph.D in Exercise Physiology and Adapted P.E from Texas Women’s University, 1982.
Dr. Owlia has been working with several universities in Iran to organize sport medicine field. He also has presented several seminars in Adapted PE, Exercise Physiology , and Food and Nutrition in sports. Dr. Owlia is presently a member of editorial Journal of Medical Education in Shaheed Behshtiy Medical School in Iran.
- Kines 502-Adapted PE
- Kines 578- Motor Development
- Kines 638- Advanced Ex Phy
- Kines 832- Research Methods
- Double Major Ph.D Texas Women’s University
- Six years degree University of Connecticut
- Master degree Texas Southern University
- Engineering degree University of Iran