COPHS Certificate of Teaching for Health Professionals
To advance and support faculty development by promoting excellence in teaching through innovation, collaboration, scholarship and recognition.
The Certificate of Teaching for Health Professionals (CTHP) is a ten-week program (including 6 self-paced online modules) developed by Texas Southern University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. The program targets health professional educators by providing strategies and tactics for becoming more effective in planning, implementing, and evaluating learning in a classroom, online, clinical and laboratory settings.
With 50% of the program offered online, CTHP provides the flexibility for busy professionals to conveniently pursue their studies.
- offers a 15 -credit Certificate of Completion
- is part-time (6 Classes)
- has 6 online modules for each courses; 6 hands-on application based in-class practicums
The COPHS–CTHP recognizes that different approaches to teaching and learning are associated with varying levels of effectiveness in improving outcomes such as knowledge, skills, attitudes and clinician’s behavior. The program offers participants an opportunity to improve teaching skills by building a knowledge base of educational values and methodologies.
The program strives to empower instructors by helping them develop a deep understanding of how students learn, so that they can effectively apply and adapt teaching strategies to meet their own goals and their students’ needs.
Upon completion of the CTHP program, participants will be able to:
- Create effective, interactive and manageable lessons to use instantly in your teaching
- Implement strategies and principles related to pedagogy that improves learning
- Develop educational theories/technologies to meet specific course objectives
- Engage in reflective dialogue with colleagues regarding pedagogy
- Explore and utilize a variety of effective assessment strategies.
To register for the program please send an email to Dr. China Jenkins firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, email address, title and telephone number.”