Co-curricular requirements are experiential activities that enhance students’ learning through the application of knowledge and skills acquired in the classroom setting to activities, projects, and experiences in the community.
TSU COPHS Expectations: Students are expected to complete (3) domain activities and (7) service learning hours during their P1, P2, and P3 years and (1) domain activity during their (P4) year. By graduation, students would have actively participated in (10) domain activities and (21) service learning hours.
Service learning hours activities must have a pharmacist preceptor on site and available for consultation and include two or more of the following activities:
- Conducting patient interviews to obtain patient information
- Responding to drug information inquiries
- Interacting with other health care professionals
- Participating in educational offerings or health screenings designed to benefit the health of the general public
- Triaging and assessing the need for treatment or referral, including referral for a patient seeking pharmacist-guided self-care
- Assessing patient health literacy and compliance
- Providing point-of-care and patient-centered services
All CCRs must be completed by June 1st (P1 year, P2 year, & P3 year) to continue to the next professional year and April 1st to graduate (P4).
Documentation: Simply complete the Co-Curricular Requirements Credit Request Form after completing a domain activity and after completing service learning hours. Documentation must be submitted within (14) days of the domain activity and (7) days of the service learning hours activity. See the Co-Curricular Requirements Powerpoint for information about the expectations for documenting the description of the event and your personal reflection of the event. See the CAPE document for information about domain objectives.
Communication: Send all inquiries regarding Co-Curricular Requirements to the Director of Advising and Counseling at firstname.lastname@example.org. Both the Co-Curricular Requirements Credit Request Form and the Co-Curricular Requirements Event Proposal (for approval for non-COPHS sponsored events, due (5) business days before the event) are electronic forms that goes to the CCRs email account for review. Students can check their notes in TCLAW for an audit of their CCRs progress.