The TMCF Fleischer HBCU Scholars Program is a week-long summer residential experience for high achieving rising high school seniors held on the campus of Texas Southern University. The program aims to serve first-generation, under-resourced prospective college students by providing a unique opportunity to experience college life, entrepreneurship, and business during the week-long program. Students will reside at the new University Towers Residence Hall during the program.
- Eligibility: Current high school juniors who will graduate in 2021; eligible students must participate in the program during the summer before their senior year.
- Program dates: Sunday, June 7, through Friday, June 12, 2020
- To apply - Applicants must provide the following:
- Academic information, including Official high school transcript, ACT/SAT scores (if taken)
- Evidence of school involvement (clubs, organizations, activities)
- Two short essays:
- What do you expect to gain by participating in the TMCF Fleischer HBCU Scholars Program?
- What is your motivation to attend college?
- One recommendation letter from a teacher or counselor
All application materials should be submitted (in PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Here to learn more about the Thurgood Marshall College Fund Fleischer HBCU Scholars Program
Brian Armstrong, Ed.D.
TMCF Fleischer HBCU Scholars Program
Texas Southern University
Hannah Hall 210