Recent News From The Faculty Senate
- Next Senate Meeting: Scheduled for Thursday, May 4, 2017 at 3:00 p.m. in Mack H. Hannah Hall, conference
- NEWLY ELECTED SENATORS TAKE OFFICE SEPTEMBER 1, 2017: Faculty Chairperson: Dr. Jafus Kenyatta Cavil (College of Education); Faculty Vice Chairperson: Dr. Edieth Wu (Thurgood Marshall School of Law); Faculty Secretary: Dr. Rasoul Saneifard (College of Science, Engineering and Technology); Faculty Treasurer: Dr. Olurominiyi Ibitayo (Barbara Jordan-Mickey Leland School of Public Affairs); Faculty Parliamentarian:
Dr. Mammo Woldie (Jesse H. Jones School of Business); Faculty Speaks Editor: Dr. Luis Perez-Feliciano (Barbara Jordan-Mickey Leland School of Public Affairs).
TSU Faculty Manual Section I : Part I : Article I (Current)
The faculty of the University shall perform the following functions in regard to the
academic operation of the university: approval of degrees; curriculum planning; determination
of requirements for earned degrees; establishment of academic regulations, recommendation
of candidates for appointment, tenure, retention, and promotion; participation in
the selection and evaluation of academic administrators; and consider matters that
affect the welfare of the members of the faculty.
The Faculty Assembly is the official policy making body of the Texas Southern University
(TSU) faculty. It is the faculty's vehicle for participation in the shared governance
of the university.
The recommendations of the Faculty Assembly are made to either the Provost or directly
to the President of the University for appropriate action or for endorsement to the
Texas Southern University Board of Regents. The Assembly may delegate such powers
as it chooses to the Faculty Senate. All decisions and/or actions of the Faculty Senate,
however, are subject to review, endorsement or repeal by the Faculty Assembly.
We're always trying to provide you with the best Faculty Representation, the kind
that you deserve.
With this in mind, we have created some new things:
1. Open up the link below to find a How To Guide, narrated by your chair!
- Faculty Manual - How-to-Guide
2. Faculty Senate meetings are held the first Thursday of every month during the academic
year (September through May). If the regular meeting day is a University holiday, the meeting shall convene on the