The first day of class will be Tuesday, August 23, 2021. Classes will be offered in a combination of face-to-face and online only.
All members of the TSU family to include students, faculty, staff, and visitors will be required to wear masks in all indoor buildings and facilities.
Academics - What is Different?
- Online - If your class is fully online, to begin with, it will remain online
- Reduced class size - Class sizes have been reduced in order to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Classroom Safety - Classroom density will be reduced by 50% when possible, as advised by our healthcare professionals and partners.
Q: How can I get my books for classes?
A: You can order your books through the TSU Campus Bookstore and your materials will be sent to you.
Registration for the Fall 2021 semester is still open. Register Now.
Texas Southern University is waiving the TSI testing fee for students who are unable to physically take the test. In lieu, students will pay a fee through Examity, a remote test proctoring service, to take the TSI test. For more information about testing at TSU, visit TSI Assessment.
Q: Are facial masks required when coming to campus?
A: All members of the TSU family – students, faculty, staff, alumni and visitors – should wear masks in all campus buildings and facilities.
Free masks will be available for TSU Students in the Sterling Student Life Center and in the lobby of all residence halls.
COVID Related accommodations
Q: Who do I contact to discuss accommodations?
A: Contact Student Accessibility Services Office (SASO) at 713-313-4210 or email DisabilityServices@tsu.edu, to discuss accommodation services.
Campus tours are available. Tours in the Fall will resume on September 6, 2021. Tours are scheduled at www.tsu.edu/tours.
Below are the Hours for Campus Tours:
Masks are required for all tours.
Monday - Friday 10 am, 12 & 2pm
Monday - Friday 10am & 12pm
IN-PERSON TOUR GUIDELINES:
- Must be scheduled at www.tsu.edu/tours
- 3 time slots are available for Individual Tours
- Individual Tours are limited to no more than 2 additional persons.
- 1 time slot available for Group Tours
- Group Tours are limited to no more than 20 persons per group.
- Group Tours must have one chaperone per 10 students.
- Upon arrival, each group will be divided into 2 groups of 10
- Guests will be permitted to do a self-guided tour.
- Upon arrival, they will receive a campus map and be directed to their phone for a virtual campus tour and can speak with an Admissions Counselor or Educational Planner.
Bell Building 200
Freshman Advising Suite
Fairchild Building - 114
Student Health Services
Student Health Center