Request a Campus Workshop/Presentation
As you're planning your syllabus, remember that the Career Center and industry specialists are available to make classroom presentations to your students.
If presentation date is less than two weeks away, please email the career center at firstname.lastname@example.org before completing this form.
Your presentation is not confirmed until you receive notification from our office. If you need assistance, contact us.
Presentation requests are limited to current Texas Southern University staff, faculty and students.
|Networking||Resume and Cover Letters||Request a specific topic based on your student/classroom needs|
|Informational Interviews||Job Searching|
|Internships||Getting into Graduate School|
|Type Focus||Career Fairs|
Career Development in the Classroom
The Career & Professional Development Center can be embedded in your work in a variety of ways.
- Include Career Assignments in Your Class
- We would love you to encourage or require your students to attend a Career Expo or fair, networking event, or career education program for extra credit or a class assignment. Let us know what event you select and we will let you know who attends. Other possible career education assignments include resume critiques and mock interviews. Contact us at email@example.com.
- Promote Our Services in Your Syllabus
- Career Resources: Career & Professional Development Center is the centralized department at Texas Southern University charged with educating students in the discovery and realization of meaningful careers. Our services include career exploration, resume and cover letter reviews, interview prep, graduate school prep, internship/job search and more. Visit Career Services in the backside of the Bell Building or at http://www.tsu.edu/life-at-tsu/career-center.
- Don't Cancel Class
- If you are unable to teach a class session, please contact the Career and Professional Development Center and a member of our staff would be happy to either present one of our workshops or create a tailored presentation for your students.
- Check Out Our Toolkit
- We have marketing flyers, event brochures, worksheets, sample resumes, and more that you can integrate as needed. If there is something additional you need, please let us know.
Career Services Faculty Recognition Award
The Career & Professional Development Center will begin to annually recognize outstanding faculty who have made significant contributions to their students' professional development. Nominations will be made by students, and winners were selected for their dedication to help students find resources, guide their career paths and realize their potential.