The Office Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion will be a place where students have the ability to not only have a safe place to interact with peers, but also a place for them to learn how to advocate, train, and organize. A major part of the office will be the implantation of a student driven organization that will assist with the dissemination of program
Program staff will be responsible for tracking service usage by requiring all students to sign-in using a kiosk style sign-in system. Services will include, but are not limited to:
- Advocacy – Advocating for diversity, equity, and inclusion for students who may not feel as if they have a voice.
- Training – Provide relevant training to create a climate of inclusion to include trainings such as Safe Zone and Ally Training.
- Workshops and Outreach Events – Such events will be designed to educate the TSU community about diversity and how we can all work together to create an inclusive environment.
- Study and Meeting Space – Maintain a safe environment for students to meet and study.
- Lending Library – Curate literature that represents and celebrates diversity.
Students who will benefit from such services include but are not limited to:
- LGBTQ+ Students
- Students with Disabilities
- Students from various religious backgrounds
- Students from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Students from historically underrepresented populations
- Non-traditional Students (i.e. age, parents, etc.)