Texas Southern University's Office for Student Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is responsible for the development, planning, and implementation of workshops, programs, and activities. These activities are designed to enhance the academic success, retention, support, and personal development for our diverse student populations. The ODEI center has a dedicated commitment to diversity and multiculturalism.
The Office for Student Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion serves as a safe space where students have the ability to interact with peers, but also a place for them to learn how to advocate, train, and organize. A major part of the office will be the implantation of a student driven organization that will assist with the dissemination of program
Services will include, but are not limited to:
- Advocacy – Advocating for diversity, equity, and inclusion for students who may not feel as if they have a voice.
- Training – Provide relevant training to create a climate of inclusion to include trainings such as Safe Zone and Ally Training.
- Workshops and Outreach Events – Such events will be designed to educate the TSU community about diversity and how we can all work together to create an inclusive environment.
- Study and Meeting Space – Maintain a safe environment for students to meet and study.
Students who will benefit from such services include but are not limited to:
- LGBTQ+ Students
- Students with Disabilities
- Students from various religious backgrounds
- Students from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Students from historically underrepresented populations
- Non-traditional Students (i.e. age, parents, etc.)