Provost/Senior Vice President
TSU President Dr. Lesia L. Crumpton-Young has appointed a search committee under the leadership of Dr. Dakota Doman to pursue the search for the next Provost/Senior Vice President. You may note the published profile for the position either on our website or on the search page of AGB Search, which was hired to facilitate and support the work of the search committee. We are in the open application phase of the process which will lead to the selection of a group of finalists by the end of March 2023. While those interviews are confidential and limited to the search committee members, campus visits and interviews by at least four finalists for the position will be conducted during the week of March 27. This will be an opportunity for the campus community to meet the candidates, hear their viewpoints, review their credentials and provide feedback on each candidate. Selection of the next Provost/Senior Vice President is likely to occur early April.
The University is currently engaging in a national search for the position of Provost / Senior Vice President.
Provost Search Committee
Below are the Names of the Committee Members.
- Dr. Dakota Doman, Chief of Staff, (Chairperson)
- Dr. Dwalah Fisher, Professor, Health, Kinesiology and Sports Studies
- Dr. Lydia Johnson, Assistant Professor, Thurgood Marshall School of Law
- Dr. Demetrios Kazakos, Professor, Mathematics
- Dr. Jeffrey Lowe, Associate Professor, Department of Urban Planning and Environmental Policy
- Mr. Dexter Maryland, Student Government Association, President
- Dr. Aisha Moultry, Interim Dean for College of Transdisciplinary Studies
- Dr. Maurice Odine, Professor, Communications
- Dr. Lillian Poats, Professor, Department of Educational Administration and Foundations
- Dr. Ivy Poon, Professor, College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
- Dr. William Saunders, Professor
- Dr. Aladdin Sleem, Acting Associate Provost and Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Mr. Gerald Smith, Chief Executive Officer of SGIA
- Mr. LaRence Snowden, Staff Council President
- Dr. DeNeia Thomas, Vice President for Enrollment and Student Success
- Dr. Christian Ulasi, Interim Dean of School of Communications