The Office of Information Technology (OIT) at Texas Southern University offers exciting, challenging, and rewarding jobs to those who seek opportunities to grow and succeed.
We’re known to value each person’s contribution to innovation, hence, always looking for technologically savvy and interested students. Balancing a job and college coursework is undoubtedly challenging, but it offers many benefits. The experience is what you make of it.
From the beginning, whether in the area of Networking, Desktop Support, Website Design/Development, Project Management, etc., you’ll begin to develop personal characteristics like Reliability, Teamwork/Collaboration, Responsibility/Accountability, and Communication skills. The important thing is that you’re gaining skills you can apply to your future career.
Ready for Worklife!
Students who work in the Office of Information Technology have a variety of Hands-On experiences/opportunities to help get them prepared for life after graduation. These jobs are excellent choices for students because they work around class schedules, offer decent pay, and look good on a resume. Other benefits:
- Acquire practical career-related experiences.
- Opportunity for networking with professionals.
- Opportunity to see many facets of OIT and a variety of career choices.
- Exposure to real-life work experience.
- Opportunity to enhance fundamental work skills.
- Develop a sense of community and involvement with TSU.
Handshake Registration process
Once you click "Apply For Student Jobs" below, it will take you to the TSU Handshake website. To access OIT jobs, You need to register with your TSU student email. Here are steps how to register for Handshake:
- Click the “Apply For Student Jobs” button below.
- Create an account with your TSU student email address <@student.tsu.edu>.
- Complete the form for approval and status confirmation of your user account.
- Upon completion of registration, a confirmation email will be sent to the registered email address. Please click the link within the email. If you do not receive your confirmation email, please check your spam folder.
- You will receive an additional email message for Pending Student Registration status. If you do not receive your pending status email, please check your spam folder.
- Please allow 1-2 business days for your Handshake access request to be processed.
- Once you get an approval email, login then scroll down to “See More Jobs.”
- Expand OIT section to see the current job listings of the OIT.