What is RingCentral?
RingCentral is a cloud-based phone system that promises to deliver a secure, hosted phone and fax functionality over the internet for your company. Eliminating the need for expensive and complex office hardware, the smart system allows you to use your smartphone, tablet, computer, or dedicated hardware to make and receive calls giving your customers the impression you are in a “traditional” office whether you’re in the office or not.
How is RingCentral being rolled out to campus?
RingCentral is currently being piloted in select locations across campus. Once we complete the proof of concept we will begin to deploy phones across campus.
- Update user List: Phase 0 - Survey to transition the most updated information about each phone user into the new system
- Conversion – Phase 1 – Transition entire buildings from digital and analog phones over to IP-based phones or softphones.
- Deployment – Phase 2 – Deploy new RingCentral phones to replace the existing IP phones across campus. We will be doing this in groups of 500 every two weeks and this phase is expected to take 30 to 60 days to complete.
- Learning – Phase 3 – Once a user is transitioned to a new RingCentral phone we plan to offer them the opportunity to learn how the system can change how they work. Individuals will be able to attend online webinars and use RingCentral University to take advantage of this amazing new system.
You can get away with just using your desk phone and not worry about the software features that come with RingCentral but don’t miss out on the digital solutions that will make your job easier. RingCentral has a series of different apps that connect to the various functions of the tool. Take a look at the list of tools available to you below:
RingCentral App (For Desktop/Laptop/Mobile Devices)
RingCentral app’s intuitive and unified user interface allows you to seamlessly transition between phone calls, video meetings, and team chat without losing track of what you’re working on. Less toggling between communications applications and solutions means your projects move forward, your teams stay connected, and your productivity soars.
You can manage a large portion of your RingCentral settings by logging into the RingCentral Web Portal. Visit service.ringcentral.com to access the RingCentral Web Portal to manage your settings.
The online portal can grant you access to a series of phone features including the following:
- Edit User Details
- Modify your Phone and Presence Settings
- Manage Greetings and Call Screening
- Update Call Handling and Forwarding
- Change Messaging and Notifications
Ask questions and gain insight into the specific things that you need to use when operating your RingCentral Phone. Visit support.ringcentral.com to use the online knowledge base.
- Search for answers
- View the community discussions
- Learn more about RingCentral
- Access online written guides
RingCentral University is your centralized resource for online RingCentral training and educational resources for system administrators and RingCentral Office® users, including live and on-demand webinars. Learn more about the following:
Live and on-demand webinars | Self-paced tutorials | End-user product training | Instructional videos
Visit university.ringcentral.com to access the online training offered for RingCentral.