Background Checks and Drug Screens
Applicants must complete and successfully pass a background check and drug screen. Applicants must also understand and be able to fulfill the Technical Standards for Admission, Retention, and Graduation. Although these are not inclusive of all indicators for disqualification, the following examples may disqualify an individual from being considered to participate in any clinical rotation:
- Being named on a registered sex offender listing;
- Being named in a least one of the following listings:Any prior or present felony conviction; and
- Health and Human Services – Office of Inspector General list of excluded individuals;
- General Services Administration excluded parties list; or
- Employee Misconduct Registry, U.S. Treasury – Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) List of Specially Designated Nationals (“SDN”);
- Violent Sexual Offender & Predator Registry
- Any prior or present felony conviction; and
- Any felony deferred adjudication against any person (including physical or sexual abuse)
Admitted applicants must have a Social Security number to be eligible to participate in the required experiential program, during the P1 year.
Proof of immunizations is required if accepted into the program including, but not limited to, Bacterial Meningitis.