The TMCF HBCU Scholars Program at Texas Southern University is a one-week residential program for high achieving high school juniors (rising seniors). The program aims to serve students by providing a unique opportunity to learn about HBCU institutions, college admission, financial aid and scholarships resources, as well as, exploring career pathways and academic programs. This program is free to all participants.
- Eligibility: Current high school juniors (Class of 2024). Eligible students must participate in the program during the summer before their senior year.
- Program Dates: June 11-16, 2023
- To apply - Applicants must provide the following:
- Academic information, including Official high school transcript, ACT/SAT scores (if taken)
- Evidence of school involvement (clubs, organizations, activities)
- Two short essays:
- What do you hope to learn and/or accomplish as a participant in the program?
- What is motivating you to pursue education at a collegiate level?
- The deadline to apply is May 15, 2023.
All application documents (transcripts and letters of recommendation) should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to attend a virtual information session to learn more about the TMCF HBCU Scholars Program?
Brian Armstrong, Ed.D.
TMCF HBCU Scholars Program
Texas Southern University
Hannah Hall 210