TSU Spirit Program
Welcome and thank you for your interest in Texas Southern University Cheerleading. The Texas Southern University Spirit Program will promote and uphold spirit and traditions while striving to motivate, inspire, and entertain fans at games, appearances, community outreach events, and competitions. Members will maintain good sportsmanship while focusing on academic success, student development, leadership opportunities, student health, and well-being while operating within safety regulations set forth by the American Association of Cheer-leading Coaches & Administrators (AACCA).
Each member meeting eligibility will qualify for the following benefits:
- Quality Education
- Academic Leadership Scholarship (scholarships and out of state waivers are ONLY contingent upon availability)
- Travel Expenses Paid for out of town games
- Uniforms, Camp & Practice Attire, and Equipment Provided
- Academic Tutoring Services Provided
- Contracted Athletic Trainer
- Supportive Alumni
- Collegiate National Competition Opportunities
- Texas Southern University & SWAC Conference experiences and traditions
The Spirit Program Staff were selected by Texas Southern University to provide leadership, oversight, and guidance to the Texas Southern University Spirit Program.
An athletic trainer will be available for consultation and treatment of injuries.