Step 1. Apply to Texas Southern University
- Apply for admission
- Submit official transcripts from all previous colleges attended accredited and non-accredited.
- Submit official Military transcripts:
- Please be aware that once your application for admittance is accepted, your MyTSU email address will serve as the primary point of contact.
Step 2. Apply for VA Benefits
- If your benefits have never been used or applied for benefits, fill out VA Form 22-1990, application for VA Education Benefits.
- If you are a Transferring student, fill out VA Form 22-1995, a change of program or place of training.
- Please print the VONAPP confirmation page and retain with your student records.
Step 3. Apply for Financial Aid
VA Educational Benefits do not prevent you from receiving financial aid
- Complete the FAFSA application, using TSU school code: 003642.
- Follow-up with the Office of Student Financial Assistance
- If you need to make payment arrangements on an outstanding balance not covered by VA benefits and/or financial aid, please visit Student Accounting.
- Apply for Veteran scholarships and grants
Step 4. Registration
- Locate your department and schedule a meeting with your Academic Advisor.
- Complete any necessary testing that is determined by your Academic Advisor.
- Register for Classes.
Step 5. Request for Certification
- Please have all required documents prior to submitting your request for certification. Incomplete requests will not be processed.
- Fill out the Request for Certification Form
- Please be sure to check your My TSU email account daily as this is the email account that will be used for all correspondence. The Military & Veterans Affairs Office will email you if they have any problems during the certification process.