WELCOME TO TSU's OFFICE OF THE FACULTY SENATE/ASSEMBLY
- FACULTY SENATE MEETING: The next Faculty Senate meeting of the academic year is scheduled for Thursday, February 6, 2020. The meeting will be held in the new Library Learning Center, suite 531 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- NEWLY ELECTED SENATORS TERM 2019-2021 COMMENCE SEPTEMBER 1, 2019:
Executive Committee Members:Senate Chairperson - Dr. Edieth Wu, Professor, Thurgood Marshall School of Law
Senate Vice Chairperson - Dr. Faith Jackson, Professor, Thurgood Marshall School Law
Senate Temporary Secretary - Dr. Carla Brailey, Assistant Professor, College of Liberal
Arts and Behavioral Sciences
Senate Treasurer - Dr. Yoruba Mutakabbir, Assistant Professor, College of Education
Senate Parliamentarian - Dr. Mario Hollomon, Assistant Professor, College of Science,
Engineering and Technology
Faculty Speaks Editor - Dr. Brittany Slatton, Associate Professor, College of Liberal Arts and
Elected Senators - Representing ten Colleges and Schools and the Library Learning Center
The Faculty Assembly is the official policy making body of the Texas Southern University (TSU) faculty. It is the faculty's vehicle for participation in the shared governance of the university.
The recommendations of the Faculty Assembly are made to either the Provost or directly to the President of the University for appropriate action or for endorsement to the Texas Southern University Board of Regents. The Assembly may delegate such powers as it chooses to the Faculty Senate. All decisions and/or actions of the Faculty Senate, however, are subject to review, endorsement or repeal by the Faculty Assembly.
With this in mind, we have created some new things:
1. Open up the link below to find a How To Guide, narrated by your chair!
- Faculty Manual - How-to-Guide
2. Faculty Senate meetings are held the first Thursday of every month during the academic year (September through May). If the regular meeting day is a University holiday, the meeting shall convene on the following Thursday.