WELCOME TO TSU's OFFICE OF THE FACULTY SENATE/ASSEMBLY
- FALL 2019 OPENING FACULTY MEETING: This event scheduled by the Office of the Provost for Wednesday, August 21, 2019 and will be held in the College of Education Auditorium from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Breakfast will be served from 8:00 a.m. to 8:55 a.m.
- FACULTY SENATE MEETING: The initial Faculty Senate meeting of the academic year is scheduled for Thursday, September 5, 2019. The meeting will be held in the Mack H. Hannah Hall, conference room 111 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- FALL 2019 OPENING FACULTY MEETING: Scheduled by the Office of the Provost for Wednesday, August 21, 2019 and will be held in the College of Education Auditorium from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Breakfast will be served from 8:00 a.m. to 8:55 am.
- NEWLY ELECTED SENATORS BEGIN NEW TERM 2019-2021 ON SEPTEMBER 1, 2019:
Executive Committee Members:
Faculty Senate Chairperson - Dr. Edieth Wu, Professor, Thurgood Marshall School of Law
Faculty Senate Vice Chairperson - Dr. Faith Jackson, Professor, Thurgood Marshall School of Law
Faculty Senate Temporary Secretary - Dr. Carla Brailey, Assistant Professor, College of Liberal
Arts and Behavioral Sciences
Faculty Senate Treasurer - Dr. Yoruba Mutakabbir, Assistant Professor, College of Education
Faculty Senate Parliamentarian - Dr. Mario Hollomon, Assistant Professor, College of Science,
Engineering and Technology
Faculty Speaks Editor - Dr. Brittany Slatton, Associate Professor, College of Liberal Arts and
Elected Senators - Representing ten Colleges and Schools and the Robert J. Terry Library
The Faculty Assembly is the official policy making body of the Texas Southern University (TSU) faculty. It is the faculty's vehicle for participation in the shared governance of the university.
The recommendations of the Faculty Assembly are made to either the Provost or directly to the President of the University for appropriate action or for endorsement to the Texas Southern University Board of Regents. The Assembly may delegate such powers as it chooses to the Faculty Senate. All decisions and/or actions of the Faculty Senate, however, are subject to review, endorsement or repeal by the Faculty Assembly.
With this in mind, we have created some new things:
1. Open up the link below to find a How To Guide, narrated by your chair!
- Faculty Manual - How-to-Guide
2. Faculty Senate meetings are held the first Thursday of every month during the academic year (September through May). If the regular meeting day is a University holiday, the meeting shall convene on the following Thursday.