How long does it take for an invoice/request for payment to be paid?
Accounts Payable makes every attempt to pay invoices and requests for payment within thirty (30) days after the invoice/request has been received. If an invoice/request needs to be paid sooner, Accounts Payable needs to be informed of the date when the payment is needed to ensure the payment will be ready.
While reconciling my detail transaction report, I noticed a charge that wasn't mine. Do I have to do a journal voucher?
In the event an incorrect charge is made against your FOAP, contact Accounts Payable, 713-313-7195, or send an email providing the FOAP that was charged in error, the amount and the month the charge appeared on your statement. We will review the charge in question and if a mistake was made in charging your FOAP we will remove or correct the charge to the appropriate FOAP.
What information is needed on a request for payment for reimbursement?
When submitting a request for payment, we will need the FOAP, the name of the person/vendor to be reimbursed, the original, itemized receipts as backup, an explanation of the purchase and an authorized approval.
Can I approve for my own reimbursement?
No. Someone other than the individual getting reimbursed must approve reimbursements.
What about reimbursements for dinner/lunch meetings?
Departments are required to substantiate the business purpose of a dinner/lunch meeting expense. Please provide us with the following on the entertainment expense form:
  • The purpose of the meeting (i.e., content of discussion);
  • A list of attendees (names or group association);
  • Itemized receipts with requests for payments;
  • The date and location of the meeting, if not self-evident.
Is it okay to purchase flowers?
A department is not allowed to use funds to purchase flowers to honor an employee birthday, welcoming of a new child, sickness or bereavement.
I received a parking ticket and my car was towed while I was on TSU business. Can I be reimbursed?
Parking tickets and tow charges are an individual's responsibility. If you are using your vehicle on TSU business, you are expected to park where you will not incur tickets or tow charges.
I need to find out if a payment has been completed or put a stop payment on an outstanding payment. Who do I call?
Contact the Accounts Payable department, 713-313-7195; you will be routed to someone who will be able to assist you.
I no longer need a check I requested, should I throw it away?
No. Checks that are no longer needed and have to be voided should be sent to the Treasury Department along with the check cancellation form. The Treasury Department is located in HH 134.
I need a payment today, is this possible?
"Emergency checks" are available on an emergency basis only. Whenever possible, you should try to plan ahead to ensure a payment will be issued by the day you need it. An advance call to the Accounts Payable office is appreciated before coming over for an emergency check.
Does TSU pay sales tax?
No. Please be sure to bring TSU's sales tax exempt form to the vendor.